Saturday, May 22, 2010

Trying out the bus system in San Francisco

It has been along time since I have tried out public transportation in a "home town." I took the train into the city and then decided that I would use the bus to get around. While enlightening. And interesting to see new streets with, I have to admit that it isn't very fun. It is really time consuming. Unpredictable. A it wastes a lot of time. I can really appreciate all of the folks in town that due to financial reasons don't have much choice. What is interesting is that moment in life when you switch to "time is more important than money. The equation becomes $2 and 45 minutes (for the waiting time and trip across country) or $12 and 15 minutes with a taxi. Some people are here for convenience. Less hassle than hailing a cab. Others justify it with the idea that 30 minutes invested on a bus gives you your first drink. When I was in Boston I never took a cab. The "T" just seemed more romantic. I wonder when I changed. Probably when I got a car.



Sent from my iPhone

No comments: